Monday, April 4, 2011

Walk for MS

Sunday morning, the girls and I joined my sister's team of about 27 people to walk for MS. My sister Megan was told she has the onset of Multiple Sclerosis about a year and a half ago, so this had personal meaning for all of us. The walk left from Husky Stadium and was a little over 4 miles. With so many family and friends involved, I was glad it wasn't raining and I was able to bring all three girls. There was hardly any complaining until the very end walking back to the car - those little legs walked a lot. Here we are all ready to go at the beginning. We walked by a man who said I had my own little team already!



The team was named M&M Walkers, after Megan and another childhood friend, Missy. They exceeded their goal of $5,000, which was awesome!

 Along the way, Addison fell asleep all cozy in her stroller. She was so cute in there. Hailey had a ride on Paul's shoulders, but only for a little bit. She really did walk almost the whole thing. Nana handing her M&M's along the way helped.

After about 2 miles, we reached Gasworks park and took some group photos. We missed a few people in these shots, but it covered the family at least.



So glad we were able to do this! We love you Megan!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Good job guys! Which one is Megan's friend, Missy?

Holly said...

Way to go, Amy! I'm impressed your little crew did so well with the distance. Good job, Edwards ladies!