Monday, January 19, 2009

How did it happen?

My baby girl is about to turn one, and I am having such a hard time with it! This last year seems like a blur, and I can't believe she is already so big. I was getting some pictures together to make a little mini-album of her first year, like I did with the other girls, and I found myself bawling my eyes out! I know this is cliche, but it truly does seem like YESTERDAY that she was this little.

1 month old

2 months old - I loved cuddling her in that sling

3 months old


7 months old


Almost a year, and seeming bigger than ever



I did not have this hard of a time with either of the other girls turning one, probably because I was never sure we were done having children. Now the finality of my last baby is really getting to me! It's not that I really want another child, I think I just want to keep my baby a baby for longer. Derek is ready to move past the baby stages without a problem, but the mommy is having a bit more of a struggle. I know there are great things to look forward to, and maybe after this milestone is officially reached (January 24) I will be ready to move on. But right now I just can't hold her enough! I'm so thankful that God gave us our three little girls to cherish and I'm reminded again to enjoy each minute.




2 comments:

Who am I... said...

Love her smile makes you smile, how beautiful!

Heather said...

So sweet! It is hard, but the next year will be so much fun too!!