Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hailey's 4!


Having cupcakes with her preschool class on her actual birthday
Eating cake at the Bouncy Place


Ok, I'm about a week late on posting this due to a new fascination with facebook! One can only waste so much time on the computer, but I'm back to having a little more discipline now.
.
Hailey-Bailey turned 4 on October 10 and we celebrated with 20 of her little friends at The Bouncy Place. It was a LOT of kids! You kind of assume not everyone will be able to make it, and she has been creating her own "birthday invitations" ever since Symantha had a birthday, so I couldn't tell her no on inviting anyone. But amazingly enough, every single person could make it! Which made for a fun and crazy party. Luckily, the party was at a huge warehouse with a bunch of inflatables, which is much better than in my house!
.
According to Hailey, there are specific things that four-year-olds do and don't do. Here is a list of what I have been hearing lately:
1. Four-year-olds do not say "mmmm" when they are eating (which she has done since she was a baby! It happens much less now, but I'm sad to see that little quirk go!). She informed Symantha of this at breakfast this morning.
2. Four-year-olds are not "little girls". She was very offended when a person opened the door for her at Red Robin and said "Here you go, little girl". She is now a big girl, and she talked about it for the next ten minutes.
3. Four-year-olds put their shoes and purse by the door when they come in to the house. She has been carrying a purse that she got for her birthday all over, and it always goes right by mine when we come in to the house. She actually says these things - I hear her while she is taking her shoes off, saying "Four-year-olds put their shoes and purse by the door". Let it be known that I did not teach her these things!
4. Four-year-olds are very brave when they get shots at the doctor's office. She sat in my lap and whimpered, with just a little crying at the end. She could only be that brave because she is four now. Mommy, however, was not that brave as I got tears in my eyes due to how hard she was trying to be a brave four-year-old.
Each day, I hear more about what four-year-olds do and it is cracking me up! We love Hailey at this age, and once again, I wish I could freeze time.

No comments: